Sunday, August 4, 2013

iOS 7 for the Long Haul...



I just read this article from a writer at PhoneDog (read it here) about how he's not going back to iOS 6 because iOS 7 feels very familiar but has that much needed facelift. Last July 10th, I decided to go to Beta 3 in the hopes that it would be more usable than previous betas. After using it for days, I wanted to stick with using it. Despite the usual bugs you would find in a beta, Beta 3 proved to be usable for day-to-day use. Most of the apps I use don't crash as often anymore.

Almost a month later and now using Beta 4, they've made some welcome changes like having the subtle arrow that acts as a guide for the user to "Slide to Unlock". The arrows on the lock screen were traded for pill-shaded handles. The animations are faster than ever as we get closer to the final release. I think there will be two more betas before the Golden Master will be released to developers and the final version to all users. Until then, I'm sticking to iOS 7 Beta. Like the writer, I don't wanna go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment