Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Not So Favorable But Still Great Odds: The Hunger Games Movie Review


"May the odds be ever in your favor."

Effie's very popular line. This is what I thought of before going in the movie house to watch the movie adaptation of The Hunger Games. I was wondering how on earth they're gonna pull this off since I've heard that it was impossible to follow everything in the book. I really hoped for the best.

Source: LionsGate
I sincerely hope I watched this movie first...

The way that the director played this out was amazing, the scenes that were untouched were really as accurate as they could possibly be. I really thought that Jennifer Lawrence nailed the acting on the main protagonist, Katniss Everdeen. It feels like she was meant to play this role, or this was made for her.

The other characters played their role well, although I was concerned over a few things. Why does Haymitch look cleaner? I expected him to look like a drunkard. Instead, he looks like he got out from a futuristic shower. Last I checked, he lives in District 12! Also, I found the height difference of Josh Hutcherson (who plays Peeta) and Lawrence to be a bit disturbing.

The only complaint that makes this not so favorable for me is that since I read the book, I felt that the movie lacked the scenes I wanted to be there. For instance, the remaining tributes (e.g. Cato, Clove, Thresh) aren't as exposed as they are in the book. I'm sorry but this really goes to show that books are STILL better than the movies.

BUT, this is still a great movie to watch and enjoy. I AM HOPING THAT THEIR ODDS WILL BE BETTER IN CATCHING FIRE. ^_^


What do you think guys? Was the hype worth it? Post your reactions in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment