Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas in CDO #5: Survivor Dahilayan


I was sick the night before that it was really crazy. I still had the headache but I was feeling a bit better. It was 5:00AM and we had to rush so that we could make it to our destination early. This day was already planned before we even arrived in CDO. We were going to Bukidnon in order to experience something completely different from the previous reunions: "surviving Asia's Longest Dual Zipline". WOW.

I slept through the other half of the road trip since I don't like looking at too much scenery of the road but when we reached the mountains, I woke up and saw the very nice view of the scenery. It was too bad I couldn't take a picture since I was listening to music at that time.

When we arrived, the place was filled with A LOT of people. Literally, A LOT. The view was nice since the zipline is set up on the mountains where it was really breathtaking. We were now on our way to Forest Park, a park that well shows statues of animals that generally live in the forest. Fun things happened after arriving.

We first rode a 320m/150m Zipline, yes there are two parts here. It was really fun since it was my first time. ^^ Every one of us cousins (except the youngest) tried it, even our moms did! It was so cool to look at them after my turn was finished! Shortly after that, we went up back to the cashier/view deck area where we were going to wait for the 840m zipline. We noticed a safari-type vehicle and we REALLY REALLY wanted to ride it. Sadly, we took a delivery van instead and headed to the 5400-ft area of the mountains. The road going there was so rocky that we were fortunate enough to wear helmets before going there. It was also the reason why going there took longer than usual. Riding the 840-m zipline was really a breathtaking experience that you really feel like Superman. WOOHOO!

Too bad I didn't have a picture of me riding it (which is sad) but the experience matters, right? After that, we ate lunch and had a photo shoot. Wait... WHAT? Yes, a photo shoot. The moms were posing MORE than their daughters, which I have gotten used to since that kept happening since Christmas Eve. LOL. We were supposed to have a peaceful fun time in the playground after walking a bit long route but suddenly they came and we were sort of embarassed because they were acting like children. Oh well, them reminiscing childhood reminds me of my own, which I really missed, honestly.

After which, two of my cousins decided to treat all of us with pizza. We all tried the hot sauce and it was SUPER HOT because it was Habanero hot sauce, one of the hottest ones that touched my tongue. O.o
We tried leaving some for the ones who were left behind, but we had to consume it because we were heading home. I really enjoyed this day because it was another day when smiles and laughs reigned over all our faces that day. ^^

Before we got home though, we stopped by a HUGE plantation of pineapples. It was like, "WOAH! So HUGE!" and they stopped for us to take a picture with it. Too bad the picture was overexposed, so it wasn't uploaded.

There you have it, we "SURVIVED" Asia's longest dual zipline! WEEE.

(Note: Two hours to 2011. ^^)

No comments:

Post a Comment