Tuesday, May 7, 2013

I: The Beauty of Bohol.



Bohol was amazing. At first I thought, "Meh, it may seem fun but what's so special about this place besides Chocolate Hills?". After the trip, my mind absolutely turned upside down! This was a very refreshing experience because most of the trips that I've had outside Cebu City were either within Cebu Province, Cagayan De Oro, or Manila. I certainly underestimated Bohol and there I was standing in awe. It doesn't mean I wasn't excited to go to Bohol, I just thought I would be neutral when I got there.



When we arrived, there was transportation for us that will bring us to popular spots around Bohol. It was really nice to see a lot of trees and vegetation around since I only get to see them when I go either to the North or South of Cebu. The weird thing about us when we were on the road was that we kept playing 4 Pics 1 Word! It was really trippy because we pass around phones to one another and it was really INSANE while we were doing it. I even got dizzy after a long while because of passing them around! First thing we did though was to eat breakfast in Jollibee. After that, we started our tour around Bohol!


We first went to the very popular Chocolate Hills! It was very beautiful when we got to the topmost area where people can see the hills very clearly. We took some pictures here but something weird happened: it was about to rain! At first, we wouldn't believe it but then the clouds were suddenly closing in. We had to go down quickly but alas, we were too late as we got hit by the rain. Good thing it was just half of our bodies that got wet, but it still felt weird.

See what I mean? Hehe.
After that very weird and fun experience, we stopped by the pocket forests where we went picture taking because the view was so unique and it felt like there wasn't a sky to look at. It was like the trees are what dominated this place. This just proves that the Philippines has yet to be discovered by a lot more people, even the ones who are from our country.


After that, we went to where the tarsiers were. Since only my grandma and I haven't seen tarsiers in person, Mom asked us to go and see them. They were really cute and their big eyes really astound me. The thing is that you can't take any pictures of them with flash since their eyes are very sensitive. The locals say that when a tarsier moves away from its habitat in a sudden way and it does suicide. Well, enough about gloomy stuff.
After the tarsiers, we ate buffet lunch. We then passed by an old church which was recognized a heritage site.


Then our travelling around comes to an end where we finally arrived at the place that we stayed for the rest of the trip: Bluewater Panglao!


This place was so nice! Staying here felt like a dream. The pools were nice, the food was very delicious, the room was very spacious, and the bed was very comfy. Well, that may be because I had a bed to myself. We actually did a lot here including biking (YAY!) and kayaking.



All in all, I really enjoyed being in Bohol. It made me realize that the Philippines has a lot to offer and I think that tourists will really appreciate the beauty that Bohol brings to everyone who visits. I think I wanna travel more just because of what I've seen there.

(This is actually delayed since this trip happened on April 6. Sorry for that. I'm trying to catch up as I still have 2 more of these to post and more. Work's eating up my time already. 'Til then, guys. I really am sorry for posting this so late.)

No comments:

Post a Comment