Thursday, May 9, 2013

II: Captivating Camotes Islands.



There's a reason why there's continuity in the Summer Escapades series: the gap between the trips is just a week! I really found it earth-shattering (exaggerated, but that's what I felt deep inside) to know that we'll have another out-of-town trip just a week after. It turns out, my mom and her close friend planned this trip for their office mates and we're just fortunate enough to come along. I'm very thankful that they planned this so that we can enjoy as much summer as we can. Okay okay, back to the title.

The Camotes Islands were one of the many places I haven't been to in Cebu despite being a local here or maybe that's because I don't go out to these kinds of places that often. A way that you can get there is through a barge in Danao City. It lasted for around 2 and a half hours which was pretty long, so I had to get some shuteye. 

Shortly before we arrived, we saw the islands and they really looked beautiful. The abundance of trees in the place means that the tourist spots in the islands are mostly filled with nature. When we arrived, jeeps were in the port where they get passengers to bring them to places. We had one, and we were brought to a resort owned by the parents of my mom's office mate. After leaving our things there and ate breakfast, we directly went sightseeing to places in the islands. 

My favorite one was the Bukilat Cave.


The cave really looked very peculiar to me because of the formation of all the stalagmites and stalactites (if you can still remember what they are, then you're not getting old yet) inside. What's even stranger than that is the fact that there's water so that you can swim there. Unfortunately I didn't because children may have swam there and who knows what happened. Another place I really loved was the Buho Rock. It was said to have one of the greatest sceneries here and I definitely agree. The first picture you saw? That was from there. Cool right?

The last place I really loved from the islands was one of the beaches there. (I forgot the name. Sorry!) The picture of the view was like it was taken from Boracay. Here it is:


It really looks stunning, especially at that time when the sun was setting. Unlike in the Bukilat Cave, I went swimming in that beach even though it was low tide. Camotes is a good place to relax and unwind. You have to see it to really be amazed with the scenery that you will be able to see. I am happy to have experienced the beauty of Camotes Islands. I hope you visit there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment