Sunday, October 6, 2013

When in Starbucks...



I love Starbucks. It's a coffee shop that I go to every Sunday with family and sometimes on weekdays when I feel like it. There's something about Starbucks that's really unique (and maybe when you're a regular of your favorite coffee shop) whenever you talk to the people working there. Here's my history with Starbucks since my long standing companionship with expensive coffee has been with them.

When I was still in high school, my uncle had an issue with the coffee shop he always went to. He had problems with their service, so he switched to going to Starbucks. Ever since then, he would always go to Starbucks every Sunday (initially in the first branch in SM before moving to the one in The Northwing) along with his family. Since our family always meets with his, we go to Starbucks almost as much as they do. Because of that, it became an ordinary thing to go to everytime we're in SM on Sunday.

The first drink I got from Starbucks was a Chocolate Cream Chip Frappuccino. I really loved that drink simply because it had chocolate on it. (I really had simpler likes back then.) As time passed by, I wanted to try a new drink to see if I would like it. Then my love affair with the Signature Hot Chocolate started. It was a hot drink, so it takes me longer to finish it. That alone made it taste very very good. It remains my favorite hot drink in Starbucks today. As for my favorite Frappuccino, that goes to the Mocha Frappe. It's like their "vanilla" (plain) Frappuccino. If I get confused as to what to drink, I'd go with that. There are also times when I go with their new drinks, especially when they have a promo.

The important thing with being a regular at Starbucks is the baristas that you meet there. At first, it may seem like an ordinary conversation between a customer and a cashier. The more you keep going there, the more that they get to know you a bit. It took longer for me though since they really couldn't get the name down easily. Up to this day, I see baristas that worked at SM before at other Starbucks and they still know me (even the guard does too!).

I'm sure you guys have your own moments in your favorite coffee shops. Sometimes all you need to do is talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment