Saturday, December 29, 2012

Merry Christmas!


 
(Sorry if this was a SUPER LATE post. I really got tired of using the computer that I mostly used my phone to check stuff online. More is yet to come though so watch out for it!)

I just woke up from a short-lived sleep due to that very fun Christmas party with relatives from the mother's side. Unlike the past years though, it was in this year that I realized that Christmas is really best spent with family and I wouldn't have it any other way.

We have this yearly cycle of where the party is held, and it depends on who has something new happening in their lives whether it's physical, mental, or spiritual. This year, it was decided that we would spend it here in our place in Cebu.

The party started with everyone's favorite part, FOOD! I really don't mind how much food there is on the table as long as it can be shared with family. But as they say, "The more, the merrier!" Of course it wouldn't be complete without one of the signature foods in the Philippines, the Lechon Baboy! It's just a whole pig being fried to a crisp and boy it tastes GREAT!

It always reminds me of the times when I watch the news about Christmas that no matter how many hardships that people face, there is always a way for them to celebrate Christmas.

After which, we had fun games! I actually missed these since we didn't have them last year due to the space we had (fortunately AND unfortunately, I was sick) but at least there was karaoke. 


There were two games that I really liked a lot. First, was the Gift-Wrapping Contest. It may sound like a normal contest but there were twists. It involved 3 people per team, and we were only given 2 minutes, BUT WE WERE ONLY ALLOWED TO USE ONE HAND EACH! I actually joined this game and wow it was hard! Good thing our gift won (it's the one on the left) and got P50 for this. Woohoo!

Another game only involved the dads. It was called "Shoot Your Balls". I will stab you if you thought wrong. It's basically what you see there. It's like basketball, only the basket that acts as the "ring" is on your head and you have to shoot it yourself. Laughter spread out the whole house as the dads tried their best to shoot the balls to the baskets. It really was a great game to play and to look at!

Then comes the time for gifts! First was our Manito Manita (the Filipino version of Secret Santa) with the cousins. Everyone was ecstatic with their gifts. One cousin of mine got a ballpen and was sarcastically happy with it (even though he is, a bit) and the others were happy. What's important is the thought that is put into it. I got a nice sports jacket. Hehe.

After which, we had random karaoke because we needed to pass the time before it struck at 12 midnight. After that, it was gift-giving time! Again, it's the thought that counts because it takes effort to actually think of what to buy for every relative that you can think of. I am happy that this tradition still lives on, it's amazing! It's never been about the gifts you receive, but those that you give and the bonds that we share that really matters on Christmas.

Hope you guys had a Merry Christmas! I'm really looking forward to the new year because of the things that are yet to come. :)

2 comments: