Monday, December 31, 2012

The Beauty of the Devotion to Mama Mary: A Trip to Simala


What a beautiful place. It seems like a nice haven to reflect on what's happened.
It was the day after Christmas. I've heard that there were plans to go to Simala but I never knew when. Good thing I didn't bring much when we went there though because there was no reason to. While heading there, we had lunch in Jollibee Carcar. Also, we were all eating and using our gadgets to listen to music.


When we arrived, I was stunned by how beautiful the place was. I couldn't describe how I was feeling at the time. Just the outside of it seems like a piece of artwork that was permanently installed. There I first realized just how devoted the people here are to Mama Mary and the miracle that she brought to this place.

When we went in the church, it looks like more artwork has been placed here and they all look AMAZING. The ceiling (shown in the picture on the left) tells a lot about how Mama Mary and Jesus played a vital role in what Catholics are today. I know you might think that this is like any other church you might have seen in other parts of the Philippines and the world, but this one gives a different feel than most of them.

While I was inside the church, I prayed and thanked God for what has happened to me over the past few months because honestly, those were my most challenging months so far. Maybe that's because the final stretch has yet to arrive. HAHA.

What I noticed after was this line of people that were going to see the Miraculous Mama Mary that was said to heal a lot of people. I was curious how it was like to be there, so I went in line. The line was really long, so I can tell that the miracle is true. As I was on my way, I read countless letters from people who have been healed after praying to the Miraculous Mama Mary and I was really astounded as to how our faith manifests into our lives. When I was there, I prayed to Mama Mary for everything that has happened and will happen in the future. After those moments, we went out and saw a beautiful museum full of the images of Mama Mary.


It's so nice to see people looking at these images and see how various people adore the presence of Mama Mary through them. I jokingly said when we were already outside that my aunt that was still inside was taking a hundred pictures of these. After this part, I went to the place where you could write a petition for Mama Mary and that's what I did. Shortly after, I went outside and explored the rest of the place.

People should come here, especially those who are devoted to Mama Mary because this is a result of our devotion to her. Thank you Lord for giving us this Earth to explore all Your wonderful creations. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment