Sunday, July 21, 2013

Salivating over the HTC One Mini...



I've heard so many rumors about HTC coming out with a competitor to that annoying Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini. At first I was hesitant, thinking that it may be too underpowered to be a flagship-caliber mini smartphone since the Galaxy S III Mini was really underpowered. Thankfully, HTC wanted to dispel some myths about that when they announced the HTC One Mini.

The One Mini pretty much kept the older sibling's core experiences: the all-metal design, those dual frontal speakers with BoomSound, the social news aggregator BlinkFeed, and the UltraPixel camera. Despite that, there are shortcomings due to its mini size. It has a 1.4 GHz dual-core Snapdragon 400 processor unlike the 1.7GHz quad-core Snapdragon 600 processor found on the One, a 4.3" screen, 16GB storage, and an 1800mAh battery. The One Mini also doesn't have the NFC antenna and the IR blaster that was found on the One.

Despite the shortcomings, I'm glad HTC did this. I wanted to try an Android phone but I didn't like the huge screens I'm seeing with the One and the S4 because I wanted a phone that would be more pocketable. I wanna try to be more open to what mobile OS I use (I went through a test drive of the Lumia 720 and it ran Windows Phone).  I've already known why Android's very popular but I wanna experience it for myself. Even though HTC is really hanging in the balance, I love how they work hard to regain the mindshare from people. So far, the One's doing a pretty good job and the One mini's gonna do great as well.

Anyone from HTC, if ever you're reading this, I really wanna try one. I would do ANYTHING just to try one and eventually own one. Like I said in the title, I'm really salivating over this. -_-

No comments:

Post a Comment