Sunday, July 14, 2013

While In Pain...


Don't misunderstand this. I'm not hurt emotionally. I'm perfectly okay. It's just that I have this weird pain I got after undergoing a surgery that involved my wisdom tooth.

On the hour after the surgery, I felt a weird kind of pain. A pain that felt like there's a hole inside of me. I know it seems overrated but it was like something that could spread throughout my whole body. Or maybe it's just a reaction from my brain if something like that happens.

Eating really seemed hard to do since I couldn't chew properly. My jaw seemed like it was sprained which could be the reason that I could barely move my mouth. There's also this weird swelling happening inside my mouth which could be an effect of removing a tooth. All I could eat was porridge. Sigh.

The day after, I tried to ignore the pain by going to SM with family. Although I couldn't eat hard food yet, I drank cold drinks and ate a donut. Shortly after we arrived at home from the mall, I got a mild fever. It didn't last long since I felt okay the next morning, but it came back while I was working.

The reason why it happens is due to the infection of the bone that showed after the tooth has been removed. I have to take medicine for fever alongside the antibiotics so that I won't feel weak at work. I also have to lie down on a lot of pillows so that it wouldn't be painful when I sleep.

Last Thursday, I was already able to eat normally. It was a good thing too because I thought I would have to go through a whole week eating porridge. Whew! Here I am today, recovered from the pain of that surgery. The bad news is that I have to go through all this again since I have to have the wisdom tooth in the lower right. With this experience, I know now what to do and what NOT to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment