Sunday, September 1, 2013

Going Android..



Last week, I couldn't accomplish anything with the project I'm working on with colleagues that involved an Android app. The only way I could test the project is through an Android device. I could borrow one from a friend or a relative but I would have to return it after borrowing, so I bought one.

This is the StarMobile Jump. It comes in red and gray. It has a dual-core processsor, a 4" screen, has 512MB RAM, and has Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The feel of the phone is nice despite the glossy back. The touch screen is a bit hard to use though since it requires extra force to tap a button and I can't touch it just anywhere. Overall, I'm actually enjoying this phone. Besides, it only costs PHP4990 which is around $111 unlocked. It's dual SIM for those people who care about it.

My first opinion on Android is that the customization options are insane. I can't believe I can do so much on the homescreen (unlike iOS which only has rows and folders of apps). Multitasking and notifications are the biggest strengths of the Android OS. Since it is owned by Google, Google services are great to use. I know I may sound like a newbie to Android but since I really am, that's all I have to say for now.

Now people are gonna stop calling me biased towards Apple. Make no mistake though, I still love my iPhone 5.

1 comment:

  1. Wow... Just for a project, you bought a phone for like 5K. Rich kid.

    ReplyDelete