Thursday, January 17, 2013

Temple Run 2 is Here! First Impressions



I was completely letting my guard down when I found out that Temple Run 2 was coming today! I've seen countless games that have similar gameplay as this over the months that the original was out and they were equally addictive. The first thing I did when I got home today was try out Temple Run 2 as it already released on the App Store for the Philippines. It already surpassed my expectations of a true sequel while still keeping the simplicity and fun of the original.


It may look the same but you can see here that they've changed the visuals and it really looks better. You may also notice that the bonus points bar has been replaced with the Power Meter where you double tap to activate the power on the top left (the default is Shield, which protects you from anything but falling) which is harder to fill up this time around because it needs around 200 coins for the meter to be full. I also found the game generally harder compared to the original because it now lets you rely more on your skill in this game rather than gathering more coins (although you still have that strategy present here).

Overall, I loved this game just as much, maybe even more than the original. I will update this for new developments with Temple Run 2 and I hope those who loved the original will love this too!

Here's the link to download (iOS only, Android coming next week): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/temple-run-2/id572395608

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment