Thursday, January 20, 2011

Highlight of Last Week: THE GREAT AMERICAN CIRCUS. ^___^



THE GREAT AMERICAN CIRCUUUUUSSSS! :D

The only circuses I've ever seen were from TV shows and mostly the people in there would end up in a suicide or a murder... I would never have imagined that I could watch a real-life circus in front of my own two eyes! The presentations were so amazing that just looking back at the pictures made me still in awe of their greatness. 

 Just outside the Cebu Coliseum, I can already see how many people came just to watch this once-in-a-blue-moon experience. It started later than the expected time due to the number of people waiting outside just to watch it. Just by entering the place, you would see a lot of things around like the souvenir shop where all the items on sale are actually pricey. I was just shocked when I found out that the shirt actually cost P500!

Despite the amazement of the whole thing, I still have favorites and the worst part of the circus. Here they are:

FAVORITES
WHEEL OF DEATH:
Seriously, I was absolutely astonished by what the Valencia brothers did, especially the one who walked outside his circle blindfolded! It was breathtaking to look at them because seeing them do it is already scary, how much more if you were actually there. 

Imagine the picture you see on the left, and multiply that by around 50 and that's how big it is. I'm not really sure with that though. Hehe. The picture doesn't clearly show it, but the guy on the top is the one who is blindfolded! DUN DUN DUN! Can you imagine yourself there? I think NOT! :))







CROSSBOW MASTERS:
This husband-and-wife pair have been married for 32 years and they still managed to put up a very spectacular spectacle with the crossbows. They did a very amazing stunt in which they got a Guiness World Record! AMAZING, isn't it? It was a life-and-death situation and the only way they could get out of it was through shooting the arrow precisely. UHH-MAZING! :D








THE WORST PART sadly, is the Michael Jackson Tribute. Not only the guy who sang didn't even compare to the King of Pop, but he looked like he had an overdose of makeup. Due to that, I never took a picture of him. (It really bummed out A LOT of Michael Jackson fans because it was too silent.


Overall, I really LOVED this. I never regretted going here and woke up the next morning with a headache due to lack of sleep. IT WAS WORTH IT. ^____^

No comments:

Post a Comment