Thursday, April 8, 2010

SERIOUS thoughts #1: rotating BROWNout and 2010 Elections... T_T


/* This starts a series of thoughts where I can't just make fun out of it. The series is called SERIOUS thoughts, so I can't just laugh for fun but SARCASM may do. */

/* This post DOES NOT PROMOTE any candidate for the 2010 Philippine National Elections, it only expresses my opinions about the current events happening that may change the course of this historical event. I don't mean to offend ANY candidates here. All I say here are based on news reports that I see on the television. PLEASE DON'T SUE ME, I DON'T HAVE CASH. */

Sometimes, I get annoyed by this rotating brownout we're experiencing in the country right now due to the lack of resources of energy in the country due to El Niño. I really got pissed a bit due to the fact that this is like a practice run for the 2010 National Elections.

Speaking about the elections, it's nearly 1 month before it will happen and A LOT of things are happening. For example, the two biggest rivals in the quest for presidency, Sen. Benigno "Noynoy" Aquino III from the Liberal Party (LP) and Sen. Manuel "Manny" Villar from the Nacionalista Party (NP) are always blaming each other's parties for scandals galore! Noynoy has his Hacienda Luisita and his Mental Depression scandals while Manny has his C5 scandal, and rumors that he is the secret candidate of the Arroyos. He even recognized Noynoy's nephew, Baby James (son of Kris Aquino and James Yap) saying "Villar" as an endorsement. I don't know if I believe that either one of these or the other presidentiables can do what they promise.

I can't vote yet, but I hope the Filipino people, especially the first-time voters, would choose a worthy and fitting person to be the next leader of our country. It's VERY critical, especially the fact that we are about to exit from the what could be called one of the WORST times in Philippine politics. I am strongly hoping for CHANGE to really happen.

Sorry about the topic, I'm just utterly BORED. This will be the first and LAST post about politics. Will post something light soon. Until then, guys. :|

No comments:

Post a Comment