Friday, April 9, 2010

SUMMER post #12: Thoughts on the iPhone OS 4.0 Preview


/* First of all, I just read this topic off of Phonedog.com. This site is all about cellphones, cellphones, and related tech stuff to the cellphone industry. Second, this does not contribute to any opposition against Apple. I am just expressing my own take on this. */

I just read an article about the recent Apple press event last April 8. Steve Jobs gave a preview of the iPhone OS 4 and I have to say, even though I don't own one (but considering how my sis and my mom would react), I was really disappointed when I found out that Multitasking will not be in all generations of iPod touch and iPhone out there. (I'm still wondering how angry those iPhone 3G users would be when they heard about this shocking news.) There are seven core functions that they featured in the event: Multitasking, Folders, Unified Inbox, iBooks for iPhone, iAd, Enterprise, and Game Center.

Out of all of them, I only found Multitasking, iBooks, and Game Center to be an actual hit. I think though that Apple's just plugging in the holes that they previously had in the previous versions of the OS. I even thought that they would revamp the OS to make it better. iBooks is Apple's version of e-Books. It's the most popular application (I think) on the iPad and it's just worthy for it to move to the small screen. Game Center MIGHT (and I mean, might) change the playing field if done right. I was a bit disappointed with the Multitasking feature because of its limited compatibility. If I was the head of Apple, I would have considered the vast majority of the market (the iPhone 3G people, who bought it for $99) and made it easier for ALL of them.

Well, I'm not Steve Jobs so I can't change what he already said but they could still change stuff and I hope everyone could benefit from it.

LATER. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment