Friday, June 8, 2012

5: Dedication and Accomplishment


(Sorry if this text above gets annoying but I do this to guide you in case you need a reason why I post these in a way that may have no path. Read the back story of the "Final Days of Summer" HERE.)


Hungry? Thirsty? If you are, then I don't blame you. Haha. There's a cake slice and a drink in the picture, how can you not feel some kind of hunger? Never mind about that, I'm posting about something important right now. This is more about what I missed and tried hard to make up for, and at the same time, accomplishing something I have never expected myself to do.


Yesterday was actually my parents' wedding anniversary and I completely forgot that it was until I arrived at home from work and wondered where they were. I really felt guilty that time and didn't know how to make up for it. I had to put it on the back of my mind during the day so as not to be really disturbed by it.


When the day ended, I was listening to a conversation that the boss started and said that you need something that should differentiate you from the others, especially in our field. I realized a bit of that when I felt the feeling of finishing something that not anyone can do. It feels really fulfilling, if you ask me. Even though what I did was a departure from what I really wanna do, I still appreciate it because now I know how it works and I can apply that skill in future endeavors.


When I arrived in Ayala with my office-classmates, (because I'm lazy in saying officemate and classmate and they're essentially both so I made a word up) I thought of something to get for them. Even though it was acquired in simple ways, it's really the thought that counts, right? Apparently when I called Dad, it is. It could be worse though, but I just feel that getting cake for them is the right thing to do to make up for them. I really appreciate what they've done for me and giving them cake or something greater can't possibly compare to the love, kindness, and support that they gave. I will always be grateful and I will do my best to make them proud.


Whew! It really got serious there, didn't it? 5 days left. A long day awaits tomorrow. See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment