Friday, June 15, 2012

Week 8: The One-Day Showcase


Pizzaaaaa! :D

(So yeah, the OJT post I had last week WAS NOT the last. I decided to continue on with this journey as long as I can. I may have to come up with a decision to go on with the program or not. Well, it's up to me.)


Second day of class. The only class I was excited about on this day was iOS. The rest pretty much feels like neutral to me. Good thing the Economics teacher didn't show up. Due to that, I was able to get to work early today. It was a different feel than those times during summer vacation because the school was filled with people. The surroundings were very vibrant and full of life. I actually thought that was a nice description! Hahaha. Back to the story, I went in and did the usual stuff. Turned on the computer that had Ubuntu in it. When I tried to run the thing I made, it didn't work! NOOOO! I kept my panic within and tried to find the root of it. After finding it, fixing it was the thing in my mind. Didn't actually help me until lunch came.


Lunch was surprisingly amusing on this day. Since I had no classmate to go with, I went with the "employees" (I said that because they recently graduated, but they really are) to Green Derby. Eating with them was fun, especially the time when the fruits were out and they were fighting over it. That never gets old.


After that, we went back and I still had that problem of fixing the thing I did, (which I will NEVER tell what it is for obvious reasons) and led to me to a conclusion that I have to re-do things again. The difference is that I already knew what to do, so it only took me a few hours to finish it and update the document to reflect the changes.


The main attraction of this day, however, is the Pizza! :D Since our boss was about to go back to Singapore, he treated us with pizza. The choices were between Alberto's or Pizza Hut. Due to the value proposition being higher with Alberto's, it was chosen. And after more than an hour...


The pizza came! :) Yes, I was asked by them to take a picture of the delivery guy because they knew about my blog. Well, at least there's exposure lately unlike in the past. I had to promote this a lot though. Anyway, back to the pizza.


After the event in the picture happened, pizza was spread everywhere! There were two kinds given to each team: one was sort of like "Garden Fresh" pizza while the other one was a "Sisig" pizza, dedicated to one of the Filipinos' favorite foods. They both tasted great, but I specifically like the Garden Fresh pizza because I find the Sisig one underwhelming for my taste. Regardless, it's free. Haha.


They were so ecstatic about the pizza that they wanted to take pictures of it! Again, it was because I'd post about it, which I am doing. LOL to the world.





I was really surprised on how much we've bonded for the past 2 months (approximately) and realized that this was something that I would remember deeply. I just hope that whatever decision I make, I would only hope that I won't regret it.

And yes, this "week" only happened in a day because Monday didn't really count as a significant thing. 'Til next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment